A good breakfast every day provides plenty of benefits to your overall health and wellbeing. Eating breakfast breaks your overnight fast and gives you the fuel you need to boost energy levels and alertness as you start your day.
Disclaimer: The following information is general in nature and does not take into account your personal situation
A GOOD BREKKIE EACH DAY FUELS YOUR BODY THE RIGHT WAY
- Eating breakfast replenishes your energy
- Eating breakfast helps to kick start your metabolism
Nutritionists advise that you eat breakfast within two hours of waking.
DON’T SKIP BREAKFAST
Making time to eat something nutritious at the start of your day can make a great deal of difference to your overall wellbeing. Eating a healthy breakfast also has long-term health benefits. It can help reduce obesity, high blood pressure, risk of heart disease and diabetes.
There are plenty of reasons why eating breakfast each day is good for you, including:
- Increases energy levels
- Boosts memory and concentration
- Provides essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients
- Stabilises blood sugar levels
- Improves metabolism
- Helps you make better food choices throughout the day
TIPS TO SHAKE UP YOUR WAKE UP
Eating a good brekkie energises your mind and body which helps improves your focus and productivity. Here are some tips for including breakfast in your day:
Firstly, try to create a routine that fits in with your schedule. For example, setting your alarm 10 minutes earlier to make time to eat brekkie at home
In addition, choose nutritious options such as protein, fibre and wholegrains. This means that your breakfast keeps you energised and alert throughout the day, for example:
- Wholegrain toast with a thin scrape of peanut butter, or avocado and spinach or reduced fat ricotta
- Porridge or yoghurt with fresh fruit
- Wholegrain cereals with reduced fat milk
- Fruit or vegetable smoothies
- Boiled eggs with wholegrain toast
Visit the Nutrition Australia website for more information https://nutritionaustralia.org/fact-sheets/breakfast/
WELLNESS GOES 24/7
Labourpower values your health and wellbeing and is committed to wellness in the workplace. We are proud to partner with Workactive to bring you safety and wellbeing programs throughout the year.
We look forward to bringing you more health and wellbeing tips as part of our FUEL YOUR BODY series.