When it comes to alcohol and your health, it’s important to stay within the recommended guidelines. The less
you choose to drink, the lower your risk of alcohol related harm
ALCOHOL IN THE WORKPLACE
Labourpower does not permit the consumption, possession or being under the effects of alcohol during work hours and has a zero tolerance policy. A reminder that random alcohol testing can occur at any of our client’s sites.
Disclaimer: The following information is general in nature and does not take into account your personal situation
IS IT TIME TO RETHINK HOW MUCH YOU DRINK?
Enjoying a social drink from time to time is often considered to be part of the Australian culture. But indulge too much and you increase your risk of developing an alcohol-related injury or disease.
- Healthy men and women can reduce the harm of alcohol-related disease or injury by limiting their drinking to no more than two standard drinks on any one day
KNOW YOUR STANDARD DRINKS
Alcoholic drinks come in different strengths and serving sizes. Always keep track of how many drinks you have had. In Australia, a standard drink provides 10g alcohol and is equal to approximately:
- 285 mL of full-strength beer
- 100 mL of wine
- 30 mL of spirits
- 275 mL of premixed ready-to-drink beverage
TIPS FOR CUTTING BACK ON THE BOOZE
- Set yourself some drink limits that you stick to and aim for two alcohol free days per week
- Make every second drink a glass of water or non-alcoholic beverage
- Avoid snacks that are high in salt. Too much salt is unhealthy, and it can also increase your thirst
- Never mix alcohol with energy drinks as the caffeine lowers your ability to manage your alcohol intake
- Try alternatives such as low carb or light beers or reduced-alcohol wine
- For help and more information, visit the Drinkwise website or call the Alcohol Drug Information Service (ADIS) free, 24-hour support line on 1800 250 015
WELLNESS GOES 24/7
Labourpower values your health and wellbeing and is committed to wellness in the workplace. We are proud to partner with Workactive to bring you safety and wellbeing programs throughout the year.