IT’S IMPORTANT TO KEEP YOUR HEART HEALTHY
Did you know that heart disease is the single biggest killer of Australians? Therefore, everyone should know their risk factors to help reduce the chance of a heart attack or stroke.
- The best way to look after you heart is with a healthy lifestyle. You can find out more about your heart health by booking a check up with your GP.
Disclaimer: This information is general in nature and does not take into account your personal situation
BE HEART SMART
Controlling high blood pressure is known to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Your chances of having high blood pressure increases as you get older. Managing high blood pressure may help reduce the risk or delay the onset of certain medical conditions (particularly for middle-aged adults) as well as reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Causes of high blood pressure can include:
- Poor diet
- Too much salt
- Lack of exercise
- Certain medications
TIPS FOR KEEPING YOUR HEART HEALTHY
- Eat a healthy diet (including heart healthy foods)
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Exercise regularly (and sit less during your day)
- Quit smoking
- Learn to manage stress
- Look after your mental health
- Manage your alcohol intake (the Heart Foundation recommends no more than two standard alcoholic drinks a day for healthy men and women)
- Visit the Heart Foundation website for more information
WELLNESS GOES 24/7
Labourpower values your health and wellbeing and is committed to wellness in the workplace. We are proud to partner with Workactive to bring you safety and wellbeing programs throughout the year.