Workers must wear hearing protection PPE whenever exposed to loud or hazardous noise.
Disclaimer: The following information is general in nature and does not take into account your personal situation
PROTECT WHAT YOU HEAR WITH THE RIGHT PPE GEAR
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is specific equipment worn to help safeguard you against identified health and safety risks within the workplace
- Unlike eyes that can shut, ears cannot protect themselves from loud noises, therefore it is important to wear hearing protection PPE
HEARING PROTECTION IS A SOUND INVESTMENT
- Constant noise exposure can not only lead to hearing loss but can be associated with other medical conditions
- Hearing loss does not discriminate, it can even affect young people in the workplace
- Protect your hearing by wearing the correct PPE
PROTECTING YOUR HEARING AT WORK
Long term exposure to loud noise can lead to tinnitus and other hearing problems.
- Always wear appropriate hearing protection PPE for the task
- Make sure that there is no damage to your PPE or that it is not worn out
- Ensure that it has the correct rating for the task
- Always ensure that your hearing protection PPE fits correctly
Finally, never become complacent in the tasks you are doing just because you are wearing PPE as the hazards may still exist.
NOTE: Loud workplaces should implement proper and correct hearing PPE. If not, then contact your Labourpower representative.
SAFETY GOES 24/7
Labourpower values your health and wellbeing and has an ongoing commitment to safety in the workplace. We are proud to partner with Workactive to bring you safety and wellbeing programs throughout the year.
We look forward to bringing you more safety tips as part of our PPE series.