National Safe Work Month 2020. Every year Safe Work Australia asks businesses, employers and workers to join this initiative and commit to building safe and healthy workplaces for all Australians.
Disclaimer: The following information is general in nature. It does not take into account your personal situation
WHS IS FOR EVERYONE
Labourpower believes in safety for everyone. Also that best practice WHS helps contribute to our:
- Overall health and wellbeing, and
- Improves overall productivity and quality of work
SAFETY IS NEVER AN ACCIDENT
No matter what your job, it is important to look after your health and safety at work.
SAFETY IS IN YOUR HANDS
We all have a role to play in workplace safety. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of the safety procedures. Also to follow the safe work instructions at your work site. This helps ensure the safety of yourself and others. You can put yourself and other people at risk if you fail to:
- Act in a safe manner at all times
- Follow all safe work practices agreed for your site
- Report any safety concerns to your supervisor
IMPORTANT: Safe work practices also mean taking care not to put other people in the workplace at risk.
STAYING HEALTHY AND SAFE AT WORK
Here are some DO’s and DON’Ts to protect your health and safety at work.
- Work when affected by fatigue, sickness or under the influence
- Over exceed your capabilities
- Operate any machinery you are not trained or qualified to operate
- Tamper with equipment or try and fix it
- Firstly, always pay attention to what you’re doing all the time and what is happening around you
- Also, report anything that looks dangerous
- Finally, remember to make use of the health and wellbeing resources available to you through the Labourpower Toolbox and Wellness flyers
REMEMBER: If you are ever in doubt, always stop and ask for help. In addition, report any issues to your supervisor immediately.
STAY COVID SAFE
This year’s National Safe Work Month theme is Work Health and Safety through COVID-19. It is a timely reminder to follow Labourpower’s COVID safe work practices at all times
SAFETY GOES 24/7
Labourpower values your health and wellbeing and has an ongoing commitment to safety in the workplace.
We are also proud to partner with Workactive to bring you safety and wellbeing programs throughout the year.
We look forward to bringing you more safety tips as part of our Toolbox Tuesdays.
NATIONAL SAFE WORK MONTH 2020
Labourpower is also proud to join National Safe Work Month. It’s part of our commitment to building safe and healthy workplaces for all Australians.