Australia celebrates National Reconciliation Week (NRW) between 27 May and 3 June every year.
National Reconciliation Week* is a time for all Australians to learn about our shared histories, cultures, and achievements.
It also gives us an opportunity to explore how each of us can contribute to achieving reconciliation in Australia.
THEME FOR #NRW2020 – IN THIS TOGETHER
The theme for National Reconciliation Week (NRW) 2020 is In This Together. It encourages ALL Australians to reflect on the part we play – whether big or small – on our journey towards reconciliation.
10 WAYS TO BE IN THIS TOGETHER IN 2020
Here are some ways you can be #InThisTogether…
- Watch or listen to In Concert Together: Busby Marou, Alice Skye & Jimblah hosted by Christine Anu on Facebook Live and ABC Radio 9.05pm Friday 29 May (AEST)
- Read your virtual copy of Reconciliation News May 2020
- Host a virtual book club or reading room with the reconciliation Look for a Book reading list
- Learn more about Nikita Ridgeway’s artwork, Reconciliation, a continuing journey of growth and togetherness for NRW 2020
- Download the NRW 2020 video conference background to display in your virtual meetings
- Cook a dish using native ingredients from your local area and share a photo
- Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses and enterprises
- Follow Reconciliation Australia on social on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Download the poster to display in your front window. Share a picture on social with tags: #InThisTogether2020 and #NRW2020
- Stay safe and healthy and be involved with your local community – because we are #InThisTogether2020
Visit the Reconciliation Australia website for more suggestions of ways to be #InThisTogether in 2020.
IN THIS TOGETHER AT WORK
When you offer a more inclusive workplace, you gain access to different types of people. Each brings a unique perspective, and this helps bring creative ideas and innovation to your team.
A diversity and inclusion strategy in the workplace helps identify the steps each person can take to improve the culture of a business.
#InThisTogether2020 means that we all have a role to play when it comes to building mutual respect and understanding. If we all do our part then we can help shape a better future for all Australians.
Labourpower has an ongoing commitment to increasing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representation in our workforce.
We are proud to partner with like-minded organisations throughout the year to create opportunities and meaningful employment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.